Sköna is seeking a Brand Strategist with a strong experience shaping the positioning of modern brave brands. The Brand Strategist is the voice of our clients’ brands and excels at crafting creative strategic solutions through strong B2B industry knowledge. As Brand Strategist, you are a creative thinker with an innate understanding of brand positioning and marketing communications for B2B brands in an ever-changing modern world. This person will be a vital member to our agency’s Stockholm office but will have a global role for the company – working for both European and Global clients (based in the US). The Brand Strategist will play an essential client-facing role in gathering direction and presenting our strategic thinking.
About Our Culture
We’re a small (but mighty) creative agency with offices in Stockholm and San Francisco. We work with high tech clients, most of them B2B, on a range of creative services including digital marketing, website development, marketing strategy, brand development, event marketing, outdoor advertising, and much more. Our team is tight-knit and we love what we do. We like to do great work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We focus on collaboration to produce beautiful results, we leave our egos at the door and look for ways to always pitch in.
Specifics of the Job
The Brand Strategist leverages in-depth industry knowledge to provide key insights and strategic recommendations for our clients’ business, products, and/or services. You will be responsible for shaping the brand strategy development process at Sköna, improving our existing frameworks and defining new ways of working.
The strategist will develop positioning recommendations, guide market research analysis and define brand elements and tone. As a Brand Strategist, you will collaborate with the client and other Sköna team members, in Stockholm and San Francisco, to develop brand blueprints, personas and positioning strategies and messaging frameworks, in addition to strategic and tactical marketing communication plans. Also, within this position you will be responsible for providing input throughout the creative/ideation process to ensure that all client deliverables are ‘on strategy’ and ‘on brand.’ You will also stay aware of trends and insights within the b2b marketing and advertising market as well as our clients’ industry. Always listening to what’s going on in the market and sharing with the rest of the agency, you’ll make sure that Sköna stays relevant, forward-thinking, and innovative at all times.
Tasks and responsibilities might include (but not limited to):
- Display a strong understanding of our clients’ business and product/service offerings
- Actively define the challenges our clients’ may face and identify core issues and key insights
- Convert research findings into actionable and value-driving insights
- Align deliverables and the overall direction of project recommendations
- Create ‘client ready’ deliverables
- Lead and direct brand workshops
- Analyse findings and market research
- Write creative briefs and creative strategies.
- Write and present strategic recommendations (i.e. website strategy, brand blueprints, messaging platform, marketing and communication plans, campaign plans, creative rationales, etc.)
The ideal candidate will bring to the table a distinctive blend of creative thinking, strategic, and analytical skills and a deep understanding of brand strategy backed by strong research and presentation skills (both written and verbal).
- B2B experience, strong understanding of the B2B tech industry a plus
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a creative agency (branding, advertising, B2B agency or similar)
- Impeccable writing and verbal skills in English
- Fluent in Swedish
- High level of business acumen
- BA in Business, or equivalent
5 signs that you are the right candidate
- You are a creative problem solver – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you act proactively.
- You have a doggedly curious spirit.
- You are fun to work with – and you have great people skills.
- You love design and using creative as a tool to help elevate brands and drive business growth.
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization where everyone’s opinion is respected, in other words, the idea of Team Skona always coming first appeals to you!)
Sköna is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Sköna does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Sounds like you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Fill in the form (in English) and we’ll talk soon.