Creative Resource Manager
Sköna is seeking a Creative Resource Manager to join our team in the San Francisco office (once we return to working in the office). The Creative Resources Manager works closely with the Creative Services team and the Client Services team to supervise workflow and manage the agency’s resources. This position is accountable for maintaining the creative team’s billable time, allocating projects, ensuring deadlines are met, trafficking projects, as well as developing and managing resource grids. The Creative Resources Manager will also regularly meet with Sköna’s European office to discuss resource issues, talent and proactively assess and evaluate the need to have a cohesive process.
About Sköna’s Culture
We’re a small (but mighty) creative agency based in San Francisco and Stockholm. Our niche is to transform B2B and tech companies into brave brands and we work with our clients on a range of creative services including brand strategy and development, website development, event marketing, outdoor advertising, and much more. Our team is tight-knit and we love what we do. We like to do great work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We focus on collaboration to produce beautiful results, which means we leave our egos at the door.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Awareness of all ongoing projects to stay up to date on each project schedule, resource plan and budget.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and flow.
- Partner with Client Services and Creative Services on time allocation for projects and programs.
- Provide guidance for client services teams when developing project plans and approaches. This may include talent recommendations, guidance on hours needed to complete the project, and provides proactive solutions for delivering client and pitch work.
- Monitor incoming requests from Client Services for creative resources, including, but not limited to: Creative Directors, Copywriters, Art Directors, Digital Designers and Graphic Designers.
- Partner with Client Services and Creative Services to traffic work going to the creative team.
- Build and maintain a resource grid for all creative staff.
- Manage recruitment process, working with recruiters, job postings, applications, scheduling and pre-screening of candidates
- Responsible for growing a bench of freelance creative resources.
- Onboard new creative resources, training them on our process, workflow and structure.
- Project manage creative deliverables, review project scope, budget allocation and timing with resources, flowing out internal rounds against outlined budget/timeline parameters.
- Manage creative teams’ schedule of projects and monitor team utilization on an ongoing basis.
- Support in the development of amazing creative work, whilst balancing budget and timelines. Raise the flag when the balance is off.
- 4+ years of experience with a Creative/Marketing/Advertising Agency, production and project management within an ad agency or digital marketing agency.
- You have handled hundreds of projects that include prioritizing responsibilities and managing time for members of a team, and tracking details of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of marketing, design, print production, video, and web development process.
- Quality proofing skills and a good eye for visual details.
- Experience working with Mac-based applications and project management software.
- Experience in managing print production, software development, video production and working with outside vendors.
- Experience building resource allocation models.
- Experience working in Wrike.
5 signs that you are the right candidate
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization. You might even make coffee for everyone sometimes.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit – you are proactive and ready to get things done, no matter how small or complex the problem.
- You can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and can work under pressure without losing your cool – you’re organized and you understand deadlines and the necessity to prioritize.
- You are a good negotiator with great people skills. You’re the connector between the clients and the designers and developers. Your job is to make everyone happy while delivering high-impact work.
- You like design and strongly believe that creativity can drive business growth. Creativity is the agency’s product. You need to value it to sell and defend it.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) plan, paid federal company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Competitive vacation policy
Sköna is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Sköna does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Sounds like something for you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Fill in the form and we’ll talk soon.