Freelance Creative Director
The freelance creative director position in SF is responsible for contributing to the SF creative department. Getting up to speed fast, collaborating with individuals and teams at our company, in Sweden and in the US, the creative director can take direction and convert them into concepts and designs that connect.
The creative director will be nimble and quick. They will also direct, but predominantly produce creative ideas and designs for both US and European clients and make sure the agency creative product is on strategy and on brand.
The ideal creative director will bring a mix of creative, marketing, and business expertise to the position, promoting our company and that of our valued clients. The creative director has a clear understanding of our clients’ businesses and challenges and knows how to use creativity to solve business problems.
The creative director is also an experienced manager, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
Objectives of the Job
- Work on a wide range of projects and media making sure to develop innovative concepts and designs that meet business goals
- Ensuring designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately – ensure the quality of the design work for ALL clients
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with the team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects
- Collaborate with account team in creating designs, campaigns and solutions in line with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
- Represent the agency’s creative ‘product’ – present concepts and ideas to clients and become the agency’s creative voice.
Daily & Monthly Responsibilities
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communication, newsletters, and marketing materials
- Translate strategic direction and business challenges into high-quality design within an established brand identity
- Work with the entire creative team to establish a unified brand understanding and voice for the company, helming a creative audit to elevate our innovation
- Conceptualize campaign vision, harnessing original graphics, copy, content websites, social media, and other marketing materials
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate production
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business and market to design and execute specific classifications
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 8+ years experience with 2+ years of experience in management role
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Clear creative vision with a strong understanding of clients and agency business objectives and constraints
5 signs that you are the right candidate
- You are a creative problem solver – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you act proactively.
- You have a doggedly curious spirit.
- You are fun to work with – and you have great people skills.
- You love design and using creative as a tool to help elevate brands and drive business growth.
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization where everyone’s opinion is respected, in other words, the idea of Team Skona always coming first appeals to you!)
Sounds like you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Fill in the form and we’ll talk soon.