Freelance Senior Art Director
At Skona we see graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. Art directors can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and digital media. They have expert knowledge of current design software and skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverable. Collaborating with multiple teams both in Stockholm and San Francisco, the art director can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. With a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary styles and layouts depending on the project, you excel in bringing ideas to life with visual impact.
Objectives of the Job
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various computer software to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals
- Obtain input from management, ensuring designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects
- Examine existing processes, identifying flaws and creating solutions to improve design capabilities
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communication, newsletters, and marketing materials
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity
- Develop concepts, and execute original content, from design to completion
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business and market to design and execute specific classifications
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or similar discipline
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- 5+ years experience (academic and professional) with design software, including the Adobe suite and Sketch and preferably with a creative or marketing agency
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to continue to grow skill set with ongoing education and training
5 signs that you are the right candidate
- You are a creative problem solver – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you act proactively.
- You have a doggedly curious spirit.
- You are fun to work with – and you have great people skills.
- You love design and using creative as a tool to help elevate brands and drive business growth.
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization where everyone’s opinion is respected, in other words, the idea of Team Skona always coming first appeals to you!)
Sounds like you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Fill in the form and we’ll talk soon.