Senior Graphic Designer
San Francisco, CA
Sköna is seeking a senior graphic designer with a passion for design and creativity. You care about every design detail being dialed-in and pixel perfect. You have expert technical know-how, design sensibilities and attention to details. You are able to handle a range of projects from designing a brand’s visual identity system to extending on print or digital materials that have a core design in place.
About Our Culture
We’re a small (but mighty) creative agency based in San Francisco with an office in Stockholm. We work with high tech clients, most of them B2B, on a range of creative services including digital marketing, website development, marketing strategy, brand development, event marketing, outdoor advertising, and much more. Our team is tight-knit and we love what we do. We like to do great work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We focus on collaboration to produce beautiful results, we leave our egos at the door and look for ways to always pitch in.
Specifics of the Job
You will have a range of projects from designing brand identity, logo design, strategic and campaign extensions, along with physical event creative. You will lead design projects getting extended across print and digital campaign pieces, bringing your and the creative team’s visions to life. Must have strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail. Copywriting and strategy skills are a bonus. We want someone who is excited by each design challenge and is able to push creative boundaries where needed, while also being able to follow established brand guidelines when the project deems necessary. Organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are always welcome!
You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Being a process-oriented self-starter is a must. With Sköna we expect you to stay up to date with new design trends, and program capabilities both print and digital through research and education.
- 8 years relevant experience
- Expert proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, TypeKit), Sketch, WordPress, Google Suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets), Microsoft Office365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Great to have familiarity in Slack, Wrike, Invision, Suitcase, Cinema4D, AfterEffects, Lightroom, Premiere
- Experience with logo and brand design
- Proficient in print pre-press production: Prepare, preflight and package final files for press based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Proficient in digital production: Prepare and optimize digital-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of web formats
- Building print (DM, brochures) and digital 3-D mockups (booths, DM objects)
- Image retouching and image manipulation
- Work closely with creative director, art directors and account team to deliver quality assets
5 signs that you are the right candidate
- You are a creative problem solver – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you act proactively.
- You have a doggedly curious spirit.
- You are fun to work with – and you have great people skills.
- You love design and using creative as a tool to help elevate brands and drive business growth.
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization where everyone’s opinion is respected, in other words, the idea of Team Skona always coming first appeals to you!
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) plan, paid federal company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Competitive vacation policy
Sköna is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Sköna does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Sounds like you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Fill in the form and we’ll talk soon.