San Francisco, CA
Sköna is seeking a production artist with expert technical know-how, design sensibilities and attention to details. As such, you’re not easily stressed. You’ve been in this business long enough to not let deadlines, clients or broken printers rattle your zen. You multitask with fervent energy and you love nothing more (at least professionally) than to check things off your list!
About Our Culture
We’re a small (but mighty) creative agency based in San Francisco with an office in Stockholm. We work with high tech clients, most of them B2B, on a range of creative services including digital marketing, website development, marketing strategy, brand development, event marketing, outdoor advertising, and much more. Our team is tight-knit and we love what we do. We like to do great work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We focus on collaboration to produce beautiful results, we leave our egos at the door and look for ways to always pitch in.
Specifics of the Job
You bring the creative team’s vision to life. Must have strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail. Outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are key.
You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Being a process-oriented self-starter is a must. With Sköna we expect you to stay up to date with new production techniques and trends, both print and digital through research and education.
- 5 years relevant experience
- Expert proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, TypeKit), Sketch, WordPress, Google Suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets), Microsoft Office365 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Great to have familiarity in Slack, Wrike, Invision, Suitcase, Cinema4D, AfterEffects, Lightroom, Premiere
- Proficient in print pre-press production: Prepare, preflight and package final files for press based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Proficient in digital production: Prepare and optimize digital-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of web formats
- Building print (DM, brochures) and digital 3-D mockups (booths, DM objects)
- Image retouching and image manipulation
- Create and templatize presentations for new business and client review
- Highly efficient and promote better workflow to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with the creative and development team as well as outside vendors (printers, media or production partners)
- Work closely with art directors and account team to deliver quality assets
5 signs that you are the right candidate
- You are a creative problem solver – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you act proactively.
- You have a doggedly curious spirit.
- You are fun to work with – and you have great people skills.
- You love design and using creative as a tool to help elevate brands and drive business growth.
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization where everyone’s opinion is respected, in other words, the idea of Team Skona always coming first appeals to you!
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) plan, paid federal company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Competitive vacation policy
Sköna is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Sköna does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Sounds like you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Fill in the form and we’ll talk soon.