Senior Front End Developer Position
San Francisco, CA (or remote)
Hello! Hej Hej! We’re Sköna, a small agency with big talent located in San Francisco & Stockholm, and we’re seeking an incredibly talented front end developer. You need to have an eye for design to help execute beautiful, engaging, rich digital experiences.
Our work ranges from tech to consumer to b2b and even a few award-winning SF novelties such as food events, non-profits and our very own special projects and original content. We share a blue collar work ethic, a Swedish lineage (heritage), a love of strategic thinking, and most of all – good design.
- Creative – we’re looking someone with some sort of creative background, with an eye for good composition.
- Minimum (5) years professional web development experience
- Expert understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Expert understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience building single-page applications using frameworks like Vue/React.
- Experience leading a team of developers, managing and planning resources and timelines.
- Experience leading large-scale website projects.
- Experience with marketing automation tools (Marketo/Hubspot/Pardot)
- Experience building responsive HTML emails.
- A good eye for composition and an interest in graphic design.
- Strives for pixel perfection on every project.
- Hands on experience with Photoshop, Illustrator for simple image adjustments.
- Working knowledge of Sketch/Figma
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- An expert understanding of WordPress and PHP
- Building themes from scratch
- Installing & migrating on & to a variety of platforms
- Integrating and customizing plugins
- Troubleshooting problems (hacks, broken sites, updates, plugin issues)
- Working knowledge of other major CMS like Drupal, and modern CMS’ like Contentful
- Stellar attention to detail when it comes to web typography and recreating what was in the design mockup on all devices
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- A hunger to learn new technologies and to always be at the forefront of web development best practices.
- Lead the planning, building, testing and launch of small, medium and large scale websites
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Work closely with creatives to match visual design intent
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Attend in-person and phone meetings regularly with clients to go over technical questions and participate in sales pitches
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications/sites for maximum speed and scalability
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Develop new user-facing features from beginning to end
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
Salary and Benefits
- Payment will depend on experience
- We’re flexible with hours.
- We’re dog friendly – bring along your four legged friend!