Senior Web Developer Position
San Francisco, CA (or remote)
Sköna is seeking an incredibly talented, detail-oriented senior developer for our San Francisco office. You need to have an eye for design, strong communication skills, and exhibit a problem-solver attitude. Your role will be to plan and lead the development of large web projects following Sköna’s development process and philosophy, manage other developers assigned to your projects, closely collaborate with digital designers, strategists, and account managers, and be the go-to person for clients with regards to technical questions and development process. The role requires you to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and ensure that pristine code and quality is delivered.
About Sköna’s Culture
We’re a small (but mighty) creative agency based in San Francisco and Stockholm. We work with high tech clients, many of them B2B, on a range of creative services including digital marketing, website development, marketing strategy, brand development, event marketing, outdoor advertising, and much more. Our team is tight-knit and we love what we do. We like to do great work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We focus on collaboration to produce beautiful results, which means we leave our egos at the door.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or similar
- Minimum 6 years professional web development experience
- Creative interests and eye for design, with a passion to implement top notch user experiences
- Strives for pixel perfection on every project.
- Hands-on experience with image editing tools for simple image adjustments.
- Stellar attention to detail when it comes to web typography and recreating what was in the design mockup on all devices
- Technical skills
- Expert understanding of HTML, SCSS, PHP.
- Expert understanding of JS including Jamstack, React, Vue, static site generators like Gatsby, Nuxt, etc.
- Expert understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Expert understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, and industry-wide best practices around structuring branches and projects.
- Expert WordPress skills
- PHP experience, ACF Pro experience – Building themes from scratch
- Installing & migrating on and to a variety of platforms
- Integrating and customizing plugins. Recommending plugins (or to not use plugins) for clients or designers for specific use cases
- Troubleshooting problems (hacks, broken sites, updates, plugin issues)
- Communication/management skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills – paired with patience to troubleshoot complex bugs
- Superb interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Additional experience
- Familiar with Search Engine Optimization best practices
- Familiar with accessibility best practices
- Familiar with different CMS options and ability to explain the differences between them on client calls or pitches.
- Nice to have experience
- Experience with Hubspot CMS
- Experience with marketing automation tools (Marketo/Hubspot/Pardot)
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with animation on the web, GSAP
- Lead the planning, building, testing, debugging, and launch of websites
- Interpreting client specifications and identifying website user requirements
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling client websites
- Work closely with creatives to match visual design and motion intent; Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications/sites for maximum speed and scalability
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Develop new user-facing features from beginning to end
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Assist in new business proposals
- Communicating effectively with clients and Skona team; Answer questions and attend in-person client meetings
- Supervising junior developers
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Be available during the pacific time zone business hours
5 additional signs that you are the right candidate
- You are a creative problem solver – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you act proactively.
- You have a doggedly curious spirit.
- You are fun to work with – and you have great people skills.
- You love design and using creativity as a tool to help elevate brands and drive business growth.
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization where everyone’s opinion is respected, in other words, the idea of Team Skona always coming first appeals to you!
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) plan, paid federal company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Competitive vacation policy
- Remote work is accepted
Sköna is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Sköna does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.