Front End Developer at Sköna
Hello! Hej Hej! We’re Sköna, a fast growing B2B creative agency located in San Francisco & Stockholm, and we’re seeking an incredibly talented front end developer for our Stockholm office. You need to have an eye for design and preferably a creative background to execute beautiful, engaging, rich digital experiences for our clients.
Our work ranges from tech to consumer to b2b and even a few award-winning San Francisco novelties such as food events, non-profits and our very own special projects and original content. We share a blue collar work ethic, a Swedish lineage (heritage), a love of strategic thinking, and most of all – good design.
- Creative – we’re looking for someone with some sort of creative background, or a creative interest.
- Minimum (2) years professional web development experience
- Expert understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Solid understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with marketing automation tools is a plus (Marketo/Hubspot/Pardot)
- Experience (and willingness to) building responsive HTML emails.
- A good eye for composition and an interest in graphic design.
- Strives for pixel perfection on every project.
- Hands on experience with Photoshop, Illustrator for simple image adjustments.
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- An expert understanding of WordPress
- Building themes from scratch
- Installing & migrating on and to a variety of platforms
- Integrating and customizing plugins
- Troubleshooting problems (hacks, broken sites, updates, plugin issues)
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills – paired with patience to troubleshoot complex bugs.
- Stellar attention to detail when it comes to web typography and recreating what was in the design mockup on all devices
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- A hunger to learn new technologies and to always be at the forefront of web development best practices.
- Experience with video relating to exporting/optimizing for web.
- Independent self-starter
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Work closely with creatives to match visual design intent
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Lead the planning, building, testing and launch of websites
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications/sites for maximum speed and scalability
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling client websites
- Develop new user-facing features from beginning to end
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Answer questions and attend in-person client meetings for our Stockholm based clients
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary; Payment will depend on experience.
- We’re flexible with hours and working remotely is possible.
- We encourage cross-pollination of our offices, so you’ll for sure be traveling to San Francisco to meet the team and occasionally to work.
Sköna is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Sköna does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Sounds like you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Fill in the form and we’ll talk soon.