Front End Developer at Sköna
Hello! Hej Hej! We’re Sköna, a fast growing B2B creative agency located in San Francisco & Stockholm, and we’re seeking an incredibly talented front end developer for our Stockholm office. You need to have an eye for design and preferably a creative background to execute beautiful, engaging, rich digital experiences for our clients.
Our work ranges from tech to consumer to b2b and even a few award-winning San Francisco novelties such as food events, non-profits and our very own special projects and original content. We share a blue collar work ethic, a Swedish lineage (heritage), a love of strategic thinking, and most of all – good design.
- Creative – we’re looking someone with some sort of creative background, or a creative interest.
- Minimum (2) years professional web development experience
- Expert understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Solid understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with marketing automation tools is a plus (Marketo/Hubspot/Pardot)
- Experience (and willingness to) building responsive HTML emails.
- A good eye for composition and an interest in graphic design.
- Strives for pixel perfection on every project.
- Hands on experience with Photoshop, Illustrator for simple image adjustments.
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- An expert understanding of WordPress
- Building themes from scratch
- Installing & migrating on and to a variety of platforms
- Integrating and customizing plugins
- Troubleshooting problems (hacks, broken sites, updates, plugin issues)
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills – paired with patience to troubleshoot complex bugs.
- Stellar attention to detail when it comes to web typography and recreating what was in the design mockup on all devices
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- A hunger to learn new technologies and to always be at the forefront of web development best practices.
- Experience with video relating to exporting/optimizing for web.
- Independent self-starter.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Work closely with creatives to match visual design intent
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Lead the planning, building, testing and launch of websites
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications/sites for maximum speed and scalability
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling client websites
- Develop new user-facing features from beginning to end
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Answer questions and attend in-person client meetings for our Stockholm based clients
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary; Payment will depend on experience.
- We’re flexible with hours and working remotely is possible.
- We encourage cross-pollination of our offices, so you’ll for sure be traveling to San Francisco to meet the team and occasionally to work.